BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

An Early but Unexpected Arrival

So on Thursday October 6, 2011 @ 3:53pm Baby Jacob was born early @ 25 weeks and 5 days. It was a regular Thursday for my family. I had a visit to my Ob's office to pick up my glucose drink for my GTT test and i had spoken to my IP's right after my visit to update them. We (me & hubby) picked up our kids early from school and headed out to LA to drop him off at work and visit with my mother in law for awhile before heading to choir rehearsal. Well, as I was getting into the car to pick up the kids I started having cramping in my lower abdomen but it would go and come so I didn't really worry about it. but once we picked up the kids and got on the freeway the cramping got stronger and I had a really bad urge to urinate so I had hubby pull off the freeway twice to relieve myself and once I did the pain decreased so I left it alone. I dropped hubby off @ work around 2pm, but as I got out of the car on the passenger side to go to the Driver's side I had an extremely hard time walking and the pain was almost unbearable. My hubby started to become concerned but I assured him I would be OK and that I would go to a nearby hospital to get checked so he would be at ease as well as myself, since I had now started to worry as well. I barely drove myself to my mother in laws house when the pain became unbearable. she took my kids and I proceeded to drive myself to the nearest hospital. When I got to the hospital I parked and the security Guard saw how much pain I was in and got me a wheel chair. Once I got to the triage area to be assessed I was assisted by the nurse and ONLY undressed from the waist down. The Nurse proceeded to check if my water had broke and on examination found out I was already 10 centimeters dilated and 100% effaced, my bag of waters was bulging. She told me and I screamed "WHAT, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING........IT'S TOOOOO EARLY". I immediately called my husband back and explained to him that they were taking me to deliver the baby but that they would try and do all they could to prolong it for as long as they could. I then called my case manager to inform her so she could inform the IP's. In the meantime I am in VERY active labor, im scared cause im at a hospital I didn't plan to deliver at alone my husband is now on his way, but I am delivering a premature baby @ only 25 weeks and 5 days. I IMMEDIATELY started praying that GOD's hands be on and with this baby and me as well and that everyone would be ok. For a few moments I felt a calm rush over me and I knew that everything would be ok! They gave me a few shots to try and strengthen the babies lungs and keep him inside but it wasn't working, so the Dr. came in and informed me that I would have to deliver the baby. I only pushed twice and the second time baby came out still in the bag of waters. they asked if I wanted to know the sex so I said yes and It was a "BOY". Right after I delivered the baby my hubby walked in and I cried first because i had delivered there baby early and was not sure why, 2nd they missed out on the birth of their new son, and 3rd because I did it all ALONE. SO I just cried for awhile trying to absorb all that had just happened. A few minutes later my Case manager had arrived as well. I was ok until they brought me my dinner and I went to lay on my side and I realized I didn't feel baby kicking I immediately broke down. About 35-45 minutes later my IP's sent over the name of their new son Baby Jacob. I just continued to pray and wait until I was allowed to see baby Jacob for the 1st time. He was so little and I had so many questions for the doctors. I asked the NICU nurse if I could take a few pics to send to the IP's and she agreed so I took a few and sent them to the IP's. SO my case manager left and it was just me and hubby for the rest of our stay until discharge. I took a few pics of baby jacob on his 2nd day in the NICU see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment