BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, April 30, 2011

IVF # 1

I had started going to monthly Group meetings in Dec 2010. I wasn't really sure what to expect from these meetings so I was a little apprehensive. I meet monthly with the Program Director,Psychologist and fellow Surrogates and we discuss our joy's, up's and down and receive a lot of support from each other. I started skyping my IP's in Dec 2010, It was great to see them as opposed to just emailing and sending pics. We (the intended parents and my family) had grown close over the 3 month period. Closer than I would've ever imagined.  My first transfer was frozen embryos in Jan 2011, it felt surreal. I felt alone in some ways since my IP's were unable to make it, but I was still optimistic about the outcome. Unfortunately in Feb 2011 I received the devastating news that the transfer was unsuccessful. It was extremely hard to deal with for the sake of my IP's and once I finally mustered up the courage to skype them we all literally cried for most of the skype call. We decided to take a step back and allowed our IP's to process their loss and decide if they wanted to try again? If they wanted to try again with me as their surrogate? I wanted to give them the privacy and space to digest this. Luckily after a brief deliberation from my IP's, they still wanted to move forward with me but we needed more embryo's since those were the last two from the previous retrieval. I started my second round of IVF meds in late Feb 2011.  Pics to follow from IVF # 1

No comments:

Post a Comment